(ASCEND) Pipeline 75 analog on-hook delay

I was wondering if it is normal for the pipelines to hesitate when presenting an analog call.
Here is what is happening in a nutshell. Analog call comes in, I pick up the phone, 3 seconds or so pass before the actual call is
connected to me.
I end up saying "Hello?" a few times. It's driving me nuts.

Thanks for any help!

-Jacy

Jacy Legault
Manufacturing Cells Team Leader
jlegault@mail.utexas.edu
http://lonestar.texas.net/~jlegault

The University of Texas
Robotics Research
PRC/MERB 1.206-I
Mail Code:RR9925
Austin, TX  78712-1100
http://www.robotics.utexas.edu
Voice:(512)471-6930
Fax:(512)471-3987

"The answer to the great question, of the universe and everything is........42", Deep Thought (Douglas Adams)