(ASCEND) MAX 1800 + digital/analog hunting

I realize that this has probably been beaten to death before
on this list.  Nonetheless, there seem to be two schools of
thought.

 1. Can be done and some providers will provision it and some
    won't.

 2. Can't be done because of limitations in ATT/Nortel CO switches.

I know that BellSouth *WON'T* do it.  Sprint (in orlando) tells me
they can.

Is anyone out there using a MAX 1800 and providing a single number
for both analog and digital calls across multiple BRIs?  Must I go
to a PRI for this when all I really need are 6 - 8 channels?

Thanks,

Charlie Taylor
Atlanta