Re: (ASCEND) Sending email through Pipeline 75

Rick,

Try creating a static mapping on the pipeline for port 113 (ident). This is
commonly used with SMTP, and will cause a delay while the ident lookup
times out.

Kind Regards,

dean

At 02:28 PM 9/29/98 -0500, Rick Eldridge wrote:
>I have set up a couple of the Pipe75s using NAT on small LANs for Internet
>access.  I would like to know if anyone else is seeing the same delays
>sending email.  After pressing send, it waits maybe 10 seconds (like it
>doesn't have an Internet connection) before successfully sending the email.
> Checking (receiving) email doesn't seem to have any delay at all.  If you
>use a Pipe15 and connect to the Internet on a single PC (the same PC I was
>sending through the LAN connection to the Pipe75), there is no delay at all.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is this a known problem?  Am I doing
>something wrong?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Dean Frye.                      Escalation and Regional Support
                            ________
Ascend Asia Pacific        |   /\   |   http://apac.ascend.com/
Level 38/55 Collins        |  /__\  |   em: dfrye@ascend.com.au
Melbourne, Victoria        | //  \\ |   Voice:   +61.3.96567000
Australia 3000             |/ \__/ \|   Mobile:   +61.418546635
                             ASCEND