Re: (ASCEND) Pool Summary = Yes

Ascend has a very vague explanation here :

http://www.ascend.com/faqs/2/555.html

But I'll give you th  lowdown in english :),  To use the Wan Pool summary
option within the MAX you must have network aligned pools, (Thus proper
subnets).  The wan pool start address must be the first host address.

If you have proper aligned pools the Max will advertise a summary /24,/26
or whatever instead of advertising each individual /32. Also remember this
does not apply to RIP-V1, since it is a classless routing protocol and
will only advertise /24, or /32's, RIP-V2 is your best bet.

You can read more about this in the Ascend Manual, Just use the index
to look up pool-summary.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)