Re: (ASCEND) Pool Summary = Yes

In article <199805300431.XAA09972@mail.anc.net> you wrote:

>Can someone explain what the "Pool Summary = Yes" option
>does in the Ethernet->Mod Config->WAN configuration?
>Does it prevent the MAX from sending out /32 host route
>entries via RIP across its ethernet interface and instead
>bundle all those goofy little routes up into one routing
>entry?

That's exactly what it does.

>If so, is there much more to setting it up other than
>setting the parameter to Yes?

According to my experiences you have to reboot the max
to enable this feature (that is to get the max to
generate the necessary routing entry).
Another way that saves you from the reboot, simply set
Pool Summary = Yes and configure a static route on the
unit that routes the subnet of the pool to the rj0 interface
(127.0.0.2). The next time you reboot the machine you'll
notice 2 routes and you can remove the static entry.

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>