RE: (ASCEND) MAXdial and PPP - answered

Group,

Here is the answer to this question, which I posted last week.
The problem surfaces as soon as you get an IP address on you PPP interface.
This interface becomes your default gateway.
If you are not on the same network/subnet as the MAX, then you have to add
a static route on your PC.

For NT route add -p yyy.yyy.yyy.0 mask 255.255.255.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.1
For 95 route add yyy.yyy.yyy.0 mask 255.255.255.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.1
where yyy.yyy.yyy.0 is MAX network and xxx.xxx.xxx.1 is your PC's LAN default
gateway.

Now all your MAXDial traffic knows how to get to the MAX, and all other traffic
users
your default gateway, which is your PPP IP address.

Hope this helps those few on this list that use MAXDial.

Sincerely,
Nelson Llabona