(ASCEND) cisco 1003 takes long time to connect when using multilink

Hi there.

The subject says it all more or less. When I try to make a
multilink call (ppp multilink in the interface config) from a
cisco 1003 to our max, it takes about 5 seconds before all layers
are up. When I make a normal call (no ppp multilink) negotiation
takes just 2 seconds. Not Good.

Is there anything that needs to be tweaked here?

FWIW I'm running 11.2(12.3) on the cisco, using the legacy DDR
stuff (ie no dialer interfaces). I have some debugging output
available for anyone interested.

Cheers
Michiel

--