Re: (ASCEND) UNIX groups and RADIUS (fwd)

Once upon a time Magnus Nylander shaped the electrons to say...
>>Can RADIUS be setup to use UNIX groups?  We are looking for a way to
>>distinguish between  33K, 56K, ISDN64, and ISDN128 callers, and it would be
>>nice if we could just add the user into a 33K, 56K, ISDN64, and ISDN128
>>RADIUS would only allow 56K connections for users in the 56K group, 64K for
>>the ISDN64 group... etc..
>We have been experimenting with something similar to this by the use of an
>LDAP server.

Lucent RADIUS has been able to use system groups on UNIX or NT for a while
now.  It can also differentiate between ISDN and modem callers, and also
restrict access based on connect rate for modems.

So it certainly can be accomplished.

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130