RE: (ASCEND) UNIX groups and RADIUS (fwd)

Once upon a time Gerard Cany shaped the electrons to say...
>1) distinguishing 33K, 56K users
>	It seems that with current Radius implementations you may only distinguish analog (NAS-Port-Type = Async)

Lucent RADIUS has a Connect-Rate check item, which is populated by the server
parsing the speed from the Connect-Info sent by the NAS.

I don't think any other RADIUS does this at this time.

>3) Radius and Unix groups
>	It seems that current Radius implementations doesn't have any idea about Unix groups

Again, Lucent RADIUS can use UNIX or NT groups with Group = "groupname", and
there are other RADIUS servers out there that also support this.

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130