Re: (ASCEND) GRF implementations

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:39:49 -0800
 Joe <joe_howarth@ins.com> wrote:

> Anyone done any major GRF implementations?
> And, did you experience any significant issues in the process or aftermath?

I've used Ascend GRF-400 routers extensively. Major issues are getting
response from support, bu hey I guess thats not a GRF issue as it
appears to happen with anything that you buy from Ascend.

The GRF-400 is a fine router, I have 6 of them and am about to
order another half dozen or so, assuming Ascend can fix the brokenness
in the Pipeline range of products... If you need details of what I'm
using them for email me. I have them talking to a Nortel Passport switch,
CBX-500, one of ours peers with around 50 other ISPs at the LINX.

Its _not_ a Cisco though. Meaning it doesn't configure anything like one.

Regards,
Neil.

Regards,
Neil.