(ASCEND) UDP port 9 filter and Secure Access Firewall

After the flurry of activity on this group about filters for the UDP port 9
reset feature I thought I knew what to do to prevent someone else from
rebooting my Pipeline 130.

But when I went into the configuration to apply the filters that were finally
decided on, I found my firewall defined as the Data filter.

Does this mean that the firewall is denying UDP connections to port 9, or does
it mean that I need to define a Custom IP Protocol to explicitly deny access?

I suppose the real answer is to upgrade from 4.6c, but I'm not ready to do the
multiple software loads required to get to the latest patch to get the software
fix to this problem.

Jim McAlarney					770-240-2286 (direct)
International CompuTex, Inc.			770-953-1464 (switchboard)
5500 Interstate North Pkwy, Suite 507		770-953-1574 (fax)
Atlanta, GA  30328-4662				jmcalarney@computex.com