Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

> We do support unix.
>
> I'd like to try a survey here. How many of you who have posted in favor of
> Linux are also in favor of purchasing Ascend's Radius server (Access
> Control) or Ascend's access Network Management System (Navis Access)? If
> you are planning to purchase these products and would prefer they run on
> Red Hat or whatever then please let us know. We simply haven't heard from you.

I'll send you a check right now if you release a version for RH. =) I
like the functionality of ACC, but I don't want to run it on NT, since
we're not using NT for NOC purposes.

> Also note that Ascend doesn't sit up on an ivory tower and conduct market
> survey's. We speak directly to our customers and they (believe me!) speak
> directly to us. This is how we chose to support the various unix systems
> that the above products run on today.

Which customers? Not everyone is UUNET or Erols (no offense Jason!)

Cheers,
Scott Kozicki
BlueStar Communications
--
"If you don't get this message, please let me know
   and I will send you another one."