Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

On Mon, 23 Mar 98 9:11:02 EST, Mitchell.Arnone@occ.treas.gov wrote:

>I use commercial software for no reason other than I am a one man shop and
>should I get hit by the peverbial BUS, someone will have to come in behind
>me and keep things going.  We do not have a great number of competent
>technicians so we chose to go with an NT based RADIUS server.  It works
>well and provides some flexibility that the other options do not.
>-------------

Ah, but I am a one man shop and use mostly non commercial software
for exactly the same reasons.

I have found it extremely effective way to find sane sensible staff.

my findings....

1)	Any so called expert in NT is a one-eyed fool who I
wouldn't want to employ.

2)	Anyone who criticises other operating systems without
examining them I wouldn't want to employ.

3)	I still have OS/2 working around here for particular
processes. The reason is simple and two fold, anyone who thinks its
stupid to use or critises and compares it against win95, wouldn't get
a job here.

4)	Any reliance based upon Micro$soft products can easily be
compared to a description of a boat, "A boat is a hole in the water
that you continually throw money into".

5)	The "free" operating systems have a much larger user base
of knowledgeable & sensible people behind them who are most helpful &
can solve problems, quickly safely and cheaply.

Gary