Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

I thought Id put our $0.02 worth in.

We too run a large National Network - all supported by Ascend products and
LINUX as the core servers.

We don't use Linux for the reason thats its basically free, but, the power and
reliability of it way out performs that of the commercial OS's such as NT,
Solaris, SCO, etc etc.

If NT was as powerful and flexible, we'd use that - only a few extra hundred
bucks per server.

I think Ascend gear is great. We use them everywhere (lots of Max1800's) for
our access servers on FR and ISDN. The only gripe I have about them is no BGP.

Adam