(ASCEND) Part II-Configuring Your filter(FIXED)

Jake Schleich wrote:

> I just implemented this filter on my Pipe at home:
>
> In addition to preventing the UDP packet 9 kill, it will also prevent ip
> spoofing of local addresses.
> So you are covering yourself two ways.
> I just quickly fired this off, if there is a mistake please drop me a
> line, but I'm pretty sure its ok.

There has been a couplemore entries that are needed. Just in from
Ascend.Generic filters.. read below.
Kudos to Cyril for identifying the problem.
This filter profile will:
a) not allow spoofed packets originating from outside your network in
identifying themselves as being from your local
network. (This is just good all around for security)
b) Will fix the UDP discard bug INCOMING and OUTGOING, as opposed to just
incoming previously.
c) Fixed the Arp table situation Cyril found.. yay.!

Again, please let me know of any problems you find with this... everything
should be ok.. the spoofing prevention is
text book stuff and the Fix is directly from Ascend. Lets give er a try.

==========CHANGES START--INSERT THIS=Out filter 04
 >Valid =Yes
  Type = GENERIC
  Generic...
  IP...

 Generic...

 >Forward=Yes
  Offset=0
  Length=0
  Mask=0000000000000000
  Value=0000000000000000
  Compare=Equals
  More=No

======END CHANGE 1=========

=============CHANGES START==== Out filter 02
 >Valid =Yes
  Type = IP
  Generic...
  IP...

 Ip...
 >Forward = No
  Src Mask = 0.0.0.0
  Src Adrs = 0.0.0.0
  Dst Mask = 0.0.0.0
  Dst Adrs = 0.0.0.0
  Protocol = 17
  Src Port Cmp = None
  Src Port # = N/A
  Dst Port Cmp = Eql
  Dst Port # = 9
  TCP Estab = N/A
--
 Out filter 03
 >Valid =Yes
  Type = GENERIC
  Generic...
  IP...

 Generic...

 >Forward=Yes
  Offset=0
  Length=0
  Mask=0000000000000000
  Value=0000000000000000
  Compare=Equals
  More=No

======END OF ADDITIONAL CHANGES===

> Save (and reset..not sure if u need to, but may as well be safe about
> it)
> yer all done.
>
> --
> Jake Schleich  (jake@ican.net)
> Implementation Administrator -WAN Terminations
> ACC Internet Division http://www.ican.net
> (416) 207-7142  Corporate Support:(888)ACC-8577

 PLEASE IGNORE ANYTHING ELSE APPENDED TO THIS-----------------

-- BEGIN included message

I just implemented this filter on my Pipe at home:

In addition to preventing the UDP packet 9 kill, it will also prevent ip
spoofing of local addresses.
So you are covering yourself two ways.
I just quickly fired this off, if there is a mistake please drop me a
line, but I'm pretty sure its ok.

90-504 UDPFIX

 In filter 01

 >Valid =Yes

[...]

[...]