(ASCEND) quick question: 4048 & MP

1) Is it possible to do multilink ppp (ISDN) across two seperate 4048's?
   In other words, first call comes in on one 4048, while second B
   channel ends up on 2nd 4048.  Can they handle this via communicating
   over the ethernet (assuming they're on the same one)?

According to the documentation, I believe the answer should be "yes".

2) Has anyone done this successfully, or ever heard of anyone else
   doing this successfully?

Any responses would be *greatly* appreciated!  Thanks!