(ASCEND) Ascend Router SNMP Security Issues [Q]

Basically, the SNMP security issue is that some users leave the default
Ascend read/write password set to public and write?   Is that correct?

Or, is there another danger that I'm missing out on here...?

Does SNMP Read access allow the user access to the "sysConfigTftp" option?

Or, is that a SNMP write function?

Thanks in advance...