Original Text
From: Andy Walden <andy@enigma.mtco.com>, on 3/14/98 2:13 PM:
To: <inet-access@earth.com>
Cc: <ascend-users@bungi.com>

One of my TNTs is in a central location and has modems and takes in 4
nailed T1's. On the other end of the nailed T1's are Max 4004's in remote
pops. This configuration has run fine for months. On Tuesday, one of my
remote Maxes suddenly becomes unpingable. TNT says Lan Session is still
up. I drive to remote site, box seems intact. I reset it, things are
better. This same thing happens the next night, with a different box,
except to fix it I telnet into the TNT, kill the connection, it
reconnects, all is well. That night I reset the TNT thinking something is
not right. TNT comes back up, says 'Debug profile Not Found' for every
card I have, not sure if thats bad or what that means exactly. One of my
nailed T1's does not reconnect though until the Max on the other end is
reset.
Today, all of my Nailed connections disappear. I reset the TNT, they all
come back except for the last one that had a problem. I dialed into it,
and logged in as backdoor, the Max would drop connection with the error
'No Connection to Host'. I hard booted it, things came up fine....any
ideas whats going on here? Thanks

Sincerely,
Andy Walden
System Administrator