(ASCEND) AAC and static IP's

Hi,

I am using AAC (1.Ai9) for BSDi and two TNTs.

A profile in the users file is added:

newbie  Password = "justatest"
  Service-Type=Framed,
  Framed-Protocol=PPP,
  Framed-IP-Address=123.231.132.111

This is done so I can assign an administrative account a certain IP address.

When the account is tested by dialing in, it dies very quickly after PPP is
initiated.

However, if the Framed-IP-Address is commented out thusly,

newbie  Password = "justatest"
  Service-Type=Framed,
  Framed-Protocol=PPP,
#  Framed-IP-Address=123.231.132.111

it seems to work fine, providing the dial-in user requests a specific IP
address.

The progress disconnect code is 46 (LCP got a close request form the upper
layer while LCP was in an open state).

What can I do to make it work? I really don't want to upgrade since the last
2 upgrades have had lotsa problems (in Ai8 the dictionary was corrupted, and
in Ai9, the package was not set up right to use the installsw command. I had
to rework it). All I want to do is assign an IP address to a profile and
have it work.

TIA

Tom