Re: (ASCEND) Quality (was GRF)

Hi,

we at RUS bought two Netstar GigaRouters with Upgrade to GRF1600,
622 Mbit ATM, and ip filtering included. We're waiting for
*** SOME TIME *** now for Ascend to fulfill the contract.

Last week we were told GRF1600 were "physically on the way" with
shipping date etc. - now we found out nothing is on the way.
Another deadline passed...
(you certainly can imagine our happy feelings about that)

We have some big problems with HiPPI (data corruption, break down)
and found the Ascend support people somewhat responsive although
Ascends major concern seem to be the U.S. customers.

Except from HiPPI I can say the boxes run OK here.
But HiPPI is the exact reason why we bought the boxes...

We look now for alternative solutions to attack the
HiPPI to ATM Routing problem.

Have a nice one,

Tassilo

--
Dipl-Ing. Tassilo Erlewein
Computing Center University of Stuttgart

tel ++49 711 685 5871
fax ++49 711 678 7626
e-mail: erlewein@rus.uni-stuttgart.de