Re: (ASCEND) TNT crashing every 48 hours

At 04:55 PM 3/15/98 +0100, Mickey Coggins wrote:
>My new TNT stops at least every 48 hours.  Running 2.0.0, only 5 of
>the 16 PRIs active, mix of 64k and 128k ISDN, and analog calls on
>one hunt group.  Running radius auth.  When it fails, the console
>becomes VERY sluggish, or stops responding.  I get to the modem
>when calling in, but get Radius client timout (code=1) errors in
>the syslog.  Also, the machine stops responding to pings.  A power
>reset brings it back to life nicely.
>
>Could this be the 128 ISDN memory leak I have heard about, but our
>tech support people in France have not heard about?
>
>Any plans for a quick fix?

This sounds like a common configuration issue. It sounds like you are
authenticating your users from the shelf controller. You should config the
TNT to authenticate from the HDLC card directly. Call the TAC if you need
help configuring this.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com