Re: (ASCEND) Kudo's to Engineering. (fwd)

Once upon a time Jason Nealis shaped the electrons to say...
> Why is this? If the client fails to negotiate V.90, Shouldn't the client
>then fall back to K56? or is it because the RAS/NAS negotiates KFLEX first
>by the time the client falls back to K56 the RAS/NAS has already fallen
>back to V.34? (am I close?)

It is the Rockwell clients.  Many (perhaps most, but I don't believe all)
do not have a large enough FLASH to hold code that can support BOTH K56flex
and V.90.  So if you upgrade to V.90, the modem loses K56flex (and K56Plus)
and the next fallback is V.34.  This doesn't impact Lucent K56flex client
modems BTW, they will fallback to K56flex, then V.34, if V.90 fails.

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130