Re: (ASCEND) Tough question

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Jeremy Bouse wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, The Lord Almighty wrote:
>
> > Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:37:19 GMT
> > From: The Lord Almighty <god@netdoor.com>
> > To: ascend-users@bungi.com
> > Subject: (ASCEND) Tough question
> >
> > Here's what I need:
> >
> > We are using Livingston RADIUS...have been since the beginning of
> > time.  We want to prevent any unauthorized users from dialling into a
> > MAX.
> >
> > Simple huh?  Our problem here is that our "regular" dial-up users can
> > dial into the MAX if they find out the phone number and have access to
> > an ISDN line, using their "regular" username and password.  We would
> > like to restrict this value-added service to those callers who are
> > paying for it.
> >
> > I thought about the Names/Passwords option, but I can't control Max
> > Channels on a per user basis (this guys wants 64k, this guys want
> > 128K...)

DEFAULT  Password = "UNIX" NAS-Port-Type = Async

This will set it so users not specified in your users file
will be dropped if they try a Sync calls (ISDN) and only allow
them to do an Async (modem) call.

The specify your ISDN users in the file without the NAS-Port-Type
restriction to allow them to do ISDN.

You can use the max-channel attribute to control 64K/128K.

Dale