Re: (ASCEND) Tough question

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, The Lord Almighty wrote:

> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:37:19 GMT
> From: The Lord Almighty <god@netdoor.com>
> To: ascend-users@bungi.com
> Subject: (ASCEND) Tough question
>
> Here's what I need:
>
> We are using Livingston RADIUS...have been since the beginning of
> time.  We want to prevent any unauthorized users from dialling into a
> MAX.
>
> Simple huh?  Our problem here is that our "regular" dial-up users can
> dial into the MAX if they find out the phone number and have access to
> an ISDN line, using their "regular" username and password.  We would
> like to restrict this value-added service to those callers who are
> paying for it.
>
> I thought about the Names/Passwords option, but I can't control Max
> Channels on a per user basis (this guys wants 64k, this guys want
> 128K...)

	You should be able to accomplish this by setting the MAX to only
accept ISDN calls on a port-by-port basis and assign the ISDN number to
one port in particular... then setup profiles in radius for those
authorized to use ISDN service... you may want to check with Ascend
engineers on how to modify your default profile to disallow anything but
regular modem PPP dial-ups... meaning only individuals with profiles could
use ISDN service...
	Sincerely,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	System Administrator