Re: (ASCEND) P50 with 6.0.0 BUG

On Thu, Mar 12, 1998 at 10:45:57PM +0100, Ingo Welling wrote:

> Strange Problem here! I've got a P50 with 6.0.0 that is up for 1 Day and 12h
> now. When I try to make a telnet connection to it I get to enter my password
> and after hitting ENTER the connection is lost.
>
> Wenn I look at the diagnostic screen via serial interface it says:
>
> _termCreateFnc: failed to create keboardTask for 2F01D0
>
> The Pipline although is still routing.
>
> After a reboot everything is fine again.

This doesn't sound like a new bug. We've seen this a lot with late 4.6Cs
(IIRC) and it seemed to be fixed in 5.0A. Maybe it was reintroduced in 6.0.

> 6.0.0 doesn't seem to be very robust since I got some Dial-Up problems, too.
> It never did such things with Revision 5.x. I don't think I'm going to try
> 6.0.0 on my MAX, let's wait for some patches...

For that matter, we are back on 5.0Ap13 on our 4000. The main two issues
were:

1) Connections that were up for a while stop to send anything out but
   still receive. So far only seen with ISDN.
2) Complete loss-of-mind of the Max when it takes calls just to drop them
   later with cause 185 (eventually after early LCP actions, mostly
   without any data exchanged) and outgoing calls fail with "No Channel
   Avail". Of course channels are there. It's just another E1 that went
   down (but this one is a leased line).

We had similar problems with versions after 5.0Ap33 and everything
from 5.0Ap16 to p27 had the HDLC flue. Getting old :-|

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |