Re: (ASCEND) P50 with 6.0.0 BUG

At 10:45 PM 3/12/98 +0100, Ingo Welling wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Strange Problem here! I've got a P50 with 6.0.0 that is up for 1 Day and 12h
>now. When I try to make a telnet connection to it I get to enter my password
>and after hitting ENTER the connection is lost.

Is this consistent once it happened once?

>Wenn I look at the diagnostic screen via serial interface it says:
>
>_termCreateFnc: failed to create keboardTask for 2F01D0

No memory to hold the task data. If you tried again later, did it
still fail?

>The Pipline although is still routing.

Yes this is simply trying to assign a task to handle the terminal session.

>After a reboot everything is fine again.
>
>6.0.0 doesn't seem to be very robust since I got some Dial-Up problems, too.

What are they?

>It never did such things with Revision 5.x. I don't think I'm going to try
>6.0.0 on my MAX, let's wait for some patches...

Just for reference purposes, I have a P75 (same code as the P50, except for
the addition of POTS support ;) which has been up now for:

ascend% sh up
system uptime: up 15 days, 17 hours, 48 minutes, 31 seconds

I use it daily to telecommute. I'm replying to these postings via it
right now. No reboot problems, no routing problems, no POTS problems.

I'm happy with 6.0 so far.

Kevin