Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Access control software probs

At 02:14 PM 3/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> The radius daemon seems to be working fine.
>>
>> The radipad daemon does something interesting, once its started, it hogs
>> up all the CPU time, and grows to about 14 megs in memory before it
crashes,
>> the only message I get is that radipad received a signal 11, then of
>> course radipad is no longer running.
>
>What version of Access Control are you using?
>  The current version is 1.0Ai10.

We are using the current version 1.0Ai10

>Are you using the same host for both radiusd and radipad?

Yes, we are using the same server for both on a P166 unix system

>Was radipad running previously and it is now failing or has it never been
>used on the system before?

Its never been used on our system before..

>Are you using the default directory (/etc/raddb) or a different RADIUS
>database directory?

Yes..

>Have you tried starting radipad with the debug option on the command line?
>  radipad -x -p
>If so, what does it report?

We did try that, but there is nothing to report, not even a core dump... No
display, no nothing

>If you are getting a signal 11, is there a radipad.core file present?
>If so, you should offer to provide it to Ascend customer service.

We did report it to them, however they do not appear to be very informed
about radipad, as I have been through six different techs already..

>> The joke about all of this is that I have spent numerous hours on the phone
>> with ascend tech support, and not one of them can seem to help, in fact try
>> finding doccumentation on radstated, or how to set it up, even the owners
>> manual doesn't explain enough of it.......
>
>You were talking about "radipad" at the top.  Here you say "radstated".
>Is one of these a typo?  radstated is documented in the Access Control
>release notes.

No, I was talking about radipad at the top..

>What do you need explained about it?  (which ever one you are talking
>about).
Basically since the source is not available for radipad, and the software
is already compiled, I can only wonder if there was a problem when they
compiled radipad.. I am going to try earlier versions of radipad, but I was
hoping that others have had luck with it...

Thank you for the responce...

>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>