Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Access control software probs

> The radius daemon seems to be working fine.
>
> The radipad daemon does something interesting, once its started, it hogs
> up all the CPU time, and grows to about 14 megs in memory before it crashes,
> the only message I get is that radipad received a signal 11, then of
> course radipad is no longer running.

What version of Access Control are you using?
  The current version is 1.0Ai10.

Are you using the same host for both radiusd and radipad?

Was radipad running previously and it is now failing or has it never been
used on the system before?

Are you using the default directory (/etc/raddb) or a different RADIUS
database directory?

Have you tried starting radipad with the debug option on the command line?
  radipad -x -p
If so, what does it report?

If you are getting a signal 11, is there a radipad.core file present?
If so, you should offer to provide it to Ascend customer service.

> The joke about all of this is that I have spent numerous hours on the phone
> with ascend tech support, and not one of them can seem to help, in fact try
> finding doccumentation on radstated, or how to set it up, even the owners
> manual doesn't explain enough of it.......

You were talking about "radipad" at the top.  Here you say "radstated".
Is one of these a typo?  radstated is documented in the Access Control
release notes.

What do you need explained about it?  (which ever one you are talking
about).