Re: (ASCEND) Caller ID - more than one auth number

On Thu, Mar 12, 1998 at 09:48:18AM -0600, Marcel Brown wrote:
> Is it possible, using RADIUS authentication, to have more than one phone
> number authenticate a user.
>
> Here's my setup. I've got a Max 4048. I'm using RADIUS to authenticate
> using username and password. I'm about to impliment caller ID
> authentication also. I've successfully tested it using a few accounts. The
> only problem I forsee are mobile users. Some of my customers use a laptop
> and connect from work and home. Is it possible to have two or more phone
> numbers authenticate a user?

Straightforward, and has always worked with Ascend radiusd: Simply
plug in one profile for every CLID. Not nice, but better than nothing.
I seem to remember that the latest revision of Ascend radiusd announced
for having direct support for multiple CLIDs, but I have a damn old
radiusd running (just updated my dictionary and gave it security fixes)
and can't tell you if it really works.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |