Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 50 Routing Problem - I think [smirk]

At 07:05 AM 3/11/98 -0700, Joseph Hickman wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>
>> When configured for NAT, the authentication is the same, BUT the address
>> you are assigned is not necessarily the same address that you configured
>> in the Pipeline. If they are assigning you a dynamic address from the RAS,
>> or even a specific static address that does not match what you have
>> configured - then the authentication will fail during "IPCP" negotiation.
>> The PPP auth may well succeed in both cases, but they don't like the
address
>> you are negotiating to use when not set to NAT.
>
>Well, I configured a P130 (5.1Ap8) according to the directions at
>http://www.ascend.com/895.html for NAT routing.  I can get the P130 to
>see the local network and the external network (via ISDN connection), but
>the two aren't communicating with each other.  I opened TT190113 on this
>and have as yet to hear a response on it.  Any ideas?

Hrm, I can see we need to put some more work into the "how to NAT" tips....

Can you give us some details of how the IP addresses, networks and routing
are setup on each end of the NAT connection?

Default gateway, DNS settings also (on the Pipe and local hosts).

Kevin