Re: (ASCEND) Does anyone know how to do Port Management - ie: SN

> Date:          Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:55:40 +0100
> From:          Erik Heinz <erik@iks-jena.de>
> To:            adamneat@ipax.com.au
> Cc:            ascend-users@max.bungi.com
> Subject:       Re: (ASCEND) Does anyone know how to do Port Management - ie: SNMP ...

> Adam Neat wrote:
>
> >I know there is some bug / error with the Ascend SNMP implementatin where the
> >indexes are never the same, but, there _HAS_ to be some other method of saying
> >
> >"Oh, client ABC is currently using 45% of their capacity and since last monday
> >they've used 4.4 gig."
>
> If your client has a fixed IP address you may query the parameter
> ip.ipRouteTable.ipRouteEntry.ipRouteIfIndex.<route> to find out the current
> interface index. By the interface index you can query all the parameters you
> want.
>
> We successfully use this procedure for traffic monitoring. It does not work,
> however, for MPP connections where more than one interface belong to one IP
> route.

Hi

Thats a good idea - I'm ashamed I didnt think of it.

Even so, there should be a way to monitor mpp connections? Anyone?

In australia, its quite cheap (cheaper than Frame and DDS) to combine as many
as 4 x B channels and therefore, we have plenty of them that do it.

Rgs

adam