Re: (ASCEND) Does anyone know how to do Port Management - ie: SNMP ...

Adam Neat wrote:

>I know there is some bug / error with the Ascend SNMP implementatin where the
>indexes are never the same, but, there _HAS_ to be some other method of saying
>
>"Oh, client ABC is currently using 45% of their capacity and since last monday
>they've used 4.4 gig."

If your client has a fixed IP address you may query the parameter
ip.ipRouteTable.ipRouteEntry.ipRouteIfIndex.<route> to find out the current
interface index. By the interface index you can query all the parameters you
want.

We successfully use this procedure for traffic monitoring. It does not work,
however, for MPP connections where more than one interface belong to one IP
route.

Regards,
Erik

--