(ASCEND) max and radius authentication.

we are trying to get radius authentication
working on a max 4004 with code rev. 5.0Ap42.  when radius auth. is
enabled on
the max, connections frequently fail at various states of LCP
negotation.
(like 1 in 5 attempts get beyond lcp negotations.) In these instances,
the max
doesn't even get to the point of sending auth. requests to the radius
server.
but, as soon as we make authentication happen via local profile,
connections
come up right away.  this happens both when the TA is a 3com impact and
an Ascend Pipeline.

anyone seeing anything similar??

Thanks,
Julie.