Re: (ASCEND) Pipe 75 analog voice features

At 11:02 AM 3/9/98 -0500, Raymond.Jacob@nctsw.navy.mil wrote:

>Dave Tepper wrote:
>>
>> Until v6.0, the feature buttons were hardcoded to 6,7,8.  This mapping is
>> done by the phone company.  When I replaced by bitsurfr with the P75,
>> BellSouth had to reconfigure my ISDN configuration in their software to
map
>> 6,7,and 8 instead of what the BitSurfr wanted.
>>
>> If you added an ACO, just find out from Bell Atlantic how they mapped the
>> features: conference, transfer, and drop.  If you have pre v6.0 software,
>> they need to be 6,7 and 8.  If you already have v6.0 software, then just
>> update your P75 to match BellAtlantic assignments.
>>

>Question: I realize that analog phones are cheap, but for telecommuting
>applications where the office has ISDN phones. Would one condsider buying
>a pipeline with an analog port and an S/T interface for an ISDN deskset,
>if ascend offered it?

An alternative that has been used is to have an external NT1, and the S/T
interface version of the Pipeline 50. The P50 uses up one of the NT1
S/T interfaces, and you can use ISDN Phones/FAX etc on the other one/two.

This required additional work on the provisioning front, but I'm sure there
are others on this list who have done this already.

Kevin