Re: (ASCEND) Mod Config/Ether/2nd Adrs : how to ?

Hello,

Dans son message (In his/her message), Andre Beck ecrivait (wrote) :
> On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 09:26:25PM +0100, Paul Rolland wrote:
> >
> > >From Rtr a, I can telnet to a.b.c.2 and get connected.
> > >From Rtr A, I can *not* telnet to A.B.C.2 and get connected.
> >
> > I have *no* filter on Max, on Rtr a and Rtr A. This seems to be only
> > related to the fact that I'm using 2nd Adrs...
> > Is there another black magic command hidden somewhere or am I wrong ?
>
> There is a bug in the Ascends, you are not the only one seeing this.
> Telnet from an Ascend box to whatever peer on the 2nd Adrs network does
> not work. IMHO there's a TR on this, isn't it ?

Well, I just discovered something nive working this morning with TAC :
once you have changed the config to put your 2nd Adrs, you have to restart
the Max for the IP to become active otherwise, you can look as long as you
want in the sh ip addr result without seeing the address (which explains
why it doesn't show up in the show ip route)...

Listening to french TAC, this doesn't seem to be a well-known bug,
and this doesn't seem to be important as it is (they said) completely dynamic
in 6.0...

Paul

Paul Rolland, rol@oleane.net
OLEANE SA/Service Technique/Directeur Technique Adjoint
OLEANE SA/Technical Service/Deputy Technical Manager

--

Support technique et operationnel Oleane :  support@oleane.net
Test du mail                             :  ping@oleane.net

Please no MIME, I don't read it - Pas de MIME, je ne le lis pas
Please no HTML, I'm not a navigator - Pas d'HTML, je ne suis pas un navigateur

If a train station is where a train stops, what is a workstation then ?