Re: (ASCEND) Nailed T1s on the Max 400x

On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 01:53:20PM -0800, Bruce Robertson wrote:
> I'm using a WAN port on the Max 400x in unchannelized mode, with
> all of the channels in the same nailed group.  Does that burn 24 HDLC
> channels, or only one?  In a related question, is there command to

If it's the same way 'round like with E1 (and I expect so) than yes, it
burns 24 HDLCs. Thats because the hardware seems to be directly coupled
(T1/E1 Timeslot n <--> HDLC Processor n). The good thing is that this is
extremly flexible, you can even bundle 6 Bs and another 8 Bs for instance,
or bundle Channel 1,2,4,6,9,13,15 or whatever. But it eats HDLCs for
breakfast, thats the backside. We're driving an E1 leased line (31 channels)
and another one (16 channels active currently) and had to upgrade to 96
HDLCs to not cook our PRI dialin.

> show the number of available HDLC channels (like "hdlc -p" on the TNT)?

Not that I knew of one. <aol>*me too*</aol>

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |