(ASCEND) dial out test

I'm trying to dial out of a max4004 router that has a pri line hooked
up to a customer's isdn number to see if the connection goes through.
Is this possible?  I looked in the manual and saw a reference to
dialing out via Ctrl-D (the DO command). Yet when I do a Ctrl-D
all I get is:

Main Edit Menu
DO...
>0=Esc
 P=Password
 C=Close TELNET
 E=Termsrv
 D=Diagnostics

and no reference to the 'DO Dial' command.  Question:  is this the
right commnd to see if a customer's isdn number can reach our ascend
router (the customer complains that whenever he dials in, he gets the
following message (disconnect received from reote - unallocated number -
disconnection complete in channel B).  Yet the line shows quite a
few users already logged into, so I'm guessing that some CO's are
not routing isdn calls correctly to our router.  Secondly, why doesn't
the DO Dial command come up when I do a Ctrl-D?

Thanks all.