Re: (ASCEND) How to reserve modem ports for MAXDial?

At 23:39 1998/03/02 -0800, John Wells wrote:
>However, is there no way to tell the MAX not to answer calls on a particular
>channel/modem port? (I'm new to the MAX, but I've been unable to find
>anything like this in the documentation.)

interesting idea... you could have your telco change your
hunt group to remove two channels and give them a different number,
but I too am curious if the Max can be configured to reject these calls.

I tried entering my hunt group number in
  Net/T1->Line Config->10-1**->Line 1->Hunt-1 #
and then entered a total bogus number in Ch 23 #
but the line still answered on the main hunt number
once the first 22 channels were full.
maybe that's not what these fields are for
and I should read a few release notes... ;^)

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D