(ASCEND) NAT and P75s

I need HELP!

Let me first explain the situation. I have two sites. The Main site and
the remote site. Each has a P75 running firmware version 6.0.0 (or 5.1Ap8
or 5.1Ap9).

This ought to be simple. I want the remote P75 to call the Main site and
set up NAT w/ a single IP address so that the remote site does not have to
have a full subnet. So at the main site I have the remote address set to a
valid address on the main subnet with a subnet mask of /32. The other
sneaky thing I want to do is expect callback. Once the remote site calls
the main site the line is dropped and the main site P75 calls right back.

I set this up and it worked for about 3-4 hours with both machines
running firmware version 5.1Ap9. In fact it worked great! It made the
connection several times, using callback every time and the remote site
was able to successfully get on the net. Then the connection timed out and
when the remote site tried to call again the main site P75 refused the
connection for whatever reason. I have been unable to get this working
since. I have tried clearing the nvram and the flash memory several times
to no avail. Contrary to common sense the main site can still call and
connect to the remote P75 successfully. This is undesirable since it is
too costly to have the connection up all the time.

I am looking for some help of any sort. Any help on how to read the info
spit out by bridisplay, or any test or modification that I have not tried
would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is some parameter that I have
overlooked, I am out of things to try.

TIA

Erik