Yuli -

If you are just going to browse the web and shop - then the laptop that
you currently have is more than adequate. I have a 7-8 year old laptop
with 2 GB ... maybe it's 4 GB of RAM with Ubuntu 18.04 on it and it is
just fine. If I was to install a linux OS on a home laptop again, I
think I would go with Linux Mint or Elementary OS. I have Linux Mint on
a laptop that I use for work when I travel and it is just fine for all
the basics. It boots nicely and I only have a couple of minor complaints
(haven't figured out how to turn off the touchpad via the function keys
or system).

I normally download an ISO, burn it on a DVD, then boot to the DVD and
perform an install that way. I have download numerous copies of Ubuntu,
Linux Mint, etc. and have never run into a real problem. I have also
downloaded and installed from a USB drive when I did not have a DVD
drive as part of the system. The only thing there is you have to hop
into BIOS to set it to boot from the USB.

If you want to get a different laptop, I would just look for something
off of eBay or from a family member that isn't using it anymore (i have
2 from my son). I wouldn't pay more than $100 if you just want to browse
the web, etc.

Good luck.

Randy