On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 11:49 AM Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Shalom
>
> I've been thinking of converting my TCP-based code
> generator to SCTP.  Finding info on SCTP is not as
> easy though as TCP.

I've made some progress with this, mainly in the 'login' function:
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards/blob/master/src/cmw/tiers/cmwA.cc

> Have you used SCTP?  On
> openSUSE, I can compile this:
>
> int sd=::socket(PF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_SCTP);
>
> with just this file:
> https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards/blob/master/src/cmw/Buffer.hh
>
> but on FreeBSD, I have to also
> #include<netinet/sctp.h>
>
> .  Are there other Posix systems where you have to include
> that file?
>
> I read that "SCTP frequently sends heartbeat messages to
> test the state of connection."  I'm not sure I want it to do that
> frequently.  Is that configurable?  Thank you in advance.

On my openSUSE and FreeBSD systems, the heartbeat interval
is set to 30 seconds.  That's more often than I need it.  Is there
a way to change that from within the program I linked to?

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.
http://webEbenezer.net