Shalom

I've been thinking of converting my TCP-based code
generator to SCTP.  Finding info on SCTP is not as
easy though as TCP.  Have you used SCTP?  On
openSUSE, I can compile this:

int sd=::socket(PF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_SCTP);

with just this file:
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards/blob/master/src/cmw/Buffer.hh

but on FreeBSD, I have to also
#include<netinet/sctp.h>

.  Are there other Posix systems where you have to include
that file?

I read that "SCTP frequently sends heartbeat messages to
test the state of connection."  I'm not sure I want it to do that
frequently.  Is that configurable?  Thank you in advance.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Want to get out of Murderapolis?
I'm looking for a roommate in the Roseville area.
http://webEbenezer.net