xlock is way cool. My 'xlock' is aliased to 'xlock -mode blank' for personal
reasons. But generally, screensavers other than "blank" are a giant waste of
electricity. Darker themed desktops also help keep down the cost. (Monitor your
UPS's power when the LCD screen is bright and you will be amazed.)

I wish I could just hibernate my desktop at work, but I cannot. I only turn
off the screen. This, because there is cost associated with putting everything
back on what I was working on when I left. Good thing modern architectures
automatically throttle load, as dow power supplies.

"Science made that possible."