It all left me confused, as usual. But delighted about the helpful
courtesy. I still have trouble believing you can boot a linux system
without password and change somebody's password. I would have thought
this a major security hole. I'll probably look into it some day. But
with Ubuntu, who knows, you have no root password anyway, as I recall.

Regarding harv's "just a construction worker" comment. Sounds like the
snobs got to him. He needs to tell the snobs to sit outside in Minnesota
weather while he gets his work done, or drive in the ditch to work. One
thing living in the boonies teaches you to appreciate is how water,
sewer, food, electricity, heat, and reliable transportation to town is
more important than dirt under your fingernails.

On the technology front, we watched more of a David Attenborough DVD,
"Life in the Undergrowth." The photography is incredible, with slow
motion high resolution video of a dragonfly in flight, showing
independent 4 wing control. Gotta be some computer doing something
somewhere to produce this serious natural science. Gonna buy these DVDs
for grandkids now living in urbania who never see clean water, and
amazing other life forms. They are all too busy taking selfies for facebook.