Brian Wood writes:
>harv writes:
>> So am I. Was an Archlinux user for years but cancer known
>> as systemd appeared so needed to look elsewhere. ~2016 tried
>> TrueOS and fell in love with zfs filesystem. Unfortunately,
>> TrueOS 1803- the preconfigured version hasn't updated since
>> march. RC-1 and RC-2 of Project Trident didn't work for me so
>> installed FreeBSD 11.2 and lumina DE- developed
>> by Trueos devs- and am a happy camper :-)
>

> I tried the latest version of GhostBSD now and am not sure
> if I'm going to stick with it.  I had a few small problems. One
> was not being able to log out and log back in as a different user.
>
> What you mention about using FreeBSD and lumina sounds
> interesting.  Did you build lumina from ports?  I've had mixed
> results with building things from ports the few times I've done
> that.

I did this now without much difficulty.  It took me a while to
figure out that I had to create a .xinitrc file.  I also had to relearn
the 'mount' command as there wasn't any automounting.

One thing I haven't figured out is how to change the size of
windows.  I'm stuck with either their initial size or making them
full screen.  I forgot to check on the firewall stuff when I had
the latest version of GhostBSD installed.  I still have that
version on a usb so maybe I could check it without having
to reinstall it.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards