Sun, 11 Nov 2018 12:00:02 -0600
tclug-list-request at mn-linux.org opined:
> Brian Wood writes:
> >harv writes:
> >> So am I. Was an Archlinux user for years but cancer known
> >> as systemd appeared so needed to look elsewhere. ~2016 tried
> >> TrueOS and fell in love with zfs filesystem. Unfortunately,
> >> TrueOS 1803- the preconfigured version hasn't updated since
> >> march. RC-1 and RC-2 of Project Trident didn't work for me so
> >> installed FreeBSD 11.2 and lumina DE- developed
> >> by Trueos devs- and am a happy camper :-)
> >

> > I tried the latest version of GhostBSD now and am not sure
> > if I'm going to stick with it.  I had a few small problems. One
> > was not being able to log out and log back in as a different user.
> >
> > What you mention about using FreeBSD and lumina sounds
> > interesting.  Did you build lumina from ports?  I've had mixed
> > results with building things from ports the few times I've done
> > that.
> >

> I did this now without much difficulty.  It took me a while to
> figure out that I had to create a .xinitrc file.  I also had to relearn
> the 'mount' command as there wasn't any automounting.

For things you want mounted at boot time, add them to /etc/fstab.
For auto-mounting things like usb sticks there is the automount package.
I prefer to manually mount such things so  don't use it and thus cannot
advise.

> One thing I haven't figured out is how to change the size of
> windows.  I'm stuck with either their initial size or making them
> full screen.

In lumina, grabbing a window by lower right corner and dragging works
for me.

>I forgot to check on the firewall stuff when I had
> the latest version of GhostBSD installed.  I still have that
> version on a usb so maybe I could check it without having
> to reinstall it.

What do you mean by firewall stuff? What exactly are you looking for?

--
harv