Again, I don't care which flavor linux or why. But C++ does matter.

It seems C++ was developed to provide systematic software security.
Everybody doing Input/Output or Strings or etc... can now use the same
class library that is standardized and pre-screened for errors. There is
really no alternative to an Object C, much like Object Pascal was developed.

The challenge will be to learn what many of the Class objects do. And
there are a lot of them. Then all the GUI classes. It is one thing to
stumble through this, and another thing to become efficient building
software tools from proper choice of class objects.