On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 1:47 AM, Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I can't get my Samsung Android Galaxy phone (S5) or my Galaxy Tab S2 tablet
> to find or connect to my B&W HP Laserjet 4050 which is on my net (wired and
> wireless).  I can ping it, but no more.  The 4050 is my preferred printer
> for routine stuff.  It's fast and economical to operate.
>
> Both Androids find and connect to my HP Color Laserjet 4650 easily

I think you're giving the 4050 too much credit.  That is an OLD
printer.  I'm not sure it's discoverable in the way that the 4650 is.
I'm assuming that since it's networked, it uses a Jetdirect card?  You
might be able to fiddle with the SNMP settings to get the devices to
talk to it.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance in Android printing, as I've never
done it.  If you have the ability, try adding it manually.  You can
get away with a 4000 driver or even an Laserjet 5 driver, if Android
even has such a driver.

Brian