I can't get my Samsung Android Galaxy phone (S5) or my Galaxy Tab S2 tablet
to find or connect to my B&W HP Laserjet 4050 which is on my net (wired and
wireless).  I can ping it, but no more.  The 4050 is my preferred printer
for routine stuff.  It's fast and economical to operate.

Both Androids find and connect to my HP Color Laserjet 4650 easily using
either wired or wireless connections via my network.  Both printers work
fine on all of my my PCs under Ubuntu or Windows (XP and Win 10).  The
problem is just Android, and just the 4050.  Neither the Samsung nor the HP
printer apps will find the 4050.  Haven't tried Google's cloud print yet,
but the 4050 previously worked on that from PCs.

Anybody know a trick to solve this Android connection issue?

Chuck Cole