> On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:53 AM, Iznogoud <iznogoud at nobelware.com> wrote:
>
> Most likely a permissions issue. I just read after a quick search that the
> program udisksctl interacts with a specific daemon process. You either have a
> general permissions issue, or that daemon process is not there (unlikely given
> that everything else works form your command-line).
>
> (Allowing automounting of USB drives is just a serious security risk, especially
> if you do not disallow execution of code from them; the default is typically to
> disallow.  Manual mounting of drives with privileged software, like dolphin,
> is a little better in my opinion.)

This is a server that will be at events that is designed to ingest SD and CF cards from cameras and process the images. I’m not concerned about privileged software or execution of code, I just want the images and I want it to be done in an automatic manner - Half of my operation at events is spent processing and handling memory cards. I’d like to avoid that.

Your concern is noted but not applicable. This truly is no different than mounting a drive automatically on a desktop.

I’ll look at permissions but I don’t know quite where that would be at.
—
Ryan